At first, when I decided to go on this journey, I thought that I could deal with not coming home until June... That is proving otherwise... I have just bought myself my Christmas present and am coming HOME for a week at the beginning of January - from the 4th to the 13th :)
It might seem nuts but it's something that I need for regaining my sanity... And my sanity is important because I think that I have lost some of it this semester...
Maybe I was supposed to make this journey, not just as a part of starting my new career (which I am still very excited about) but to let me know that my heart and my soul belong near my family and friends at home... I might have thought of admitting that as being weak before but I think so differently about that now - finding out where you belong takes time and a lot of soul searching... I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to have the time and resources and support to search abroad and far and wide... and I am happy about my decision to come home for a visit and then once the spring semester has finished to come back stateside and stay put... I am ready to grow roots now... I will hopefully be accepted to finish up my 1-2 yrs left of my nursing degree at Vandy or UVa...
So, yay for coming home - a psychological and mental and emotional boost, a chance to see everyone that I miss so much and an opportunity to feel connected again in so many ways...
Love and hugs to you all,
Martha
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
DO I GET TO SEE YOU????!????!!!!!!!
Yup - that's the question we're all asking. You're going to have to throw a see Marta party - or a booth where we each get 15 minutes. Hey, it might be a good way to make some cash!
Hola Martita,
I've just spent a pleasant half hour or so catching up on your life in wonderful España. The plaque you gave me says ¨follow your heart¨ and I am glad you are doing just that in your peregrinación. Gotta tell you, there is no holy grail at the end of the trail, just a new Ruta, but that´s what makes it fun.
As for your future study plans, Vandy would be a great place and you already know UVa, so you´ve got two good choices. You can´t go wrong! I hope we can squeeze in some quick quality time--the See-Martita-Booth doesn´t sound like such a bad idea! Cuídate hasta que nos veamos.
Un abrazo fuerte de
Peggy B
Oye - you can't say you're coming home and then just disappear on us. Schedules need to be made. And timetables. Should we be booking a Huntsville area hotel room or will you be touring?
It is hard to be loved by so many people, isn't it? It really fills up your free time.
Post a Comment